Surfaces, Meshes, Geometric Structures
International Workshop in Admont: July 6-9, 2009
This workshop takes place at
overlooking the town and
Admont, situated at the edge of
Gesäuse National Park
| Aims and Scope |
The topics of this meeting include, but are not limited to:
polyhedral surfaces and discrete differential geometry in general,
computational geometry of mesh- and point-based data; hinge mechanisms and
tensegrities; questions of statics, rigidity and flexibility; geometric
optimization. In particular we are interested in applications.
| Organizers |
Helmut Pottmann (TU Wien),
Johannes Wallner (TU Graz).
Oleg Karpenkov (TU Graz),
Johannes Wallner (TU Graz).
| Invited Speakers |
| Schedule |
The program of the workshop can be found
| Participants |
- Murat Arikan (TU Wien, Evolute)
- Bailin Deng (TU Wien)
- Franck Doray (Univ. Leiden)
- José D. Fernández (Univ. Málaga)
- Simon Flöry (TU Wien)
- Craig Gotsman (Technion)
- Eitan Grinspun (Columbia University)
- Philipp Grohs (TU Graz, TU Wien)
- Leo Guibas (Stanford University)
- Tim Hoffmann (TU München)
- Qixing Huang (Stanford)
- Oleg Karpenkov (TU Graz)
- Martin Kilian (TU Wien)
- Inna Lukyanenko (TU Berlin)
- Nikolai Mnev (Steklov Inst., St. Petersburg)
- Christian Müller (TU Graz)
- Matthias Nieser (FU Berlin)
- Mark Pauly (ETH Zürich)
- Tobias Pfeiffer (FU Berlin)
- Konstantin Poelke (FU Berlin)
- Helmut Pottmann (TU Wien & KAUST)
- Jan Schepers (Univ. Leuven)
- Alexander Schiftner (TU Wien, Evolute)
- Peter Schröder (Caltech)
- Stefan Sechelmann (TU Berlin)
- Brigitte Servatius (Worcester Pol. Inst.)
- Herman Servatius (Worcester Pol. Inst.)
- Mikhail Skopenkov (Moscow State Univ.)
- Alexey B. Sossinsky (I.U. Moscow)
- Etienne Vouga (Columbia University)
- Johannes Wallner (TU Graz)
- Michael Wand (MPI Saarbrücken)
- Max Wardetzky (Univ. Göttingen)
- Andreas Weinmann (TU Graz)
- Mirko Zadravec (TU Graz)
| Organization details |
Accommodation in Admont and meals are booked by the organizers.
Guests stay at Röthelstein castle (Austrian participants who
arrive by car will stay elsewhere in Admont).
The costs are approximately EUR 70,- per day for full fare.
The majority of rooms are double rooms, so accompanying persons
are welcome. This meeting and its invited speakers are supported
by the research network
(funded by FWF, the Austrian Science Fund).
| Excursion |
On the last day (Thursday) of the conference
we are planning to visit
and especially its famous
ancient library, and have a short
besides the river Enns in the Gesäuse valley (the National
Park says `suitable for baby strollers').
This area is known for
rock climbing, and was
designated a National Park in 2002.
| Travel |
We recommended to fly to Graz and go to Admont on Sunday.
We suggest to stay the night from Thursday to Friday in Graz;
The excursion on Thursday concludes with transport to Graz.
Transportation details can be found here.
| Related Events |
Nearby conferences are: